Inventory Management Programs
Open To Buy: The Art & Science
Buying What You Need, at Just the Right Time
Our OTB planning will help you create a monthly plan to match your inventory levels to the planned sales for the month. We'll make sure you buy just what you need, keeping cash in your bank account, instead of unsold merchandise on your shelves.
Does this happen when buying inventory for your store?
You Own Entirely Too Much
Bought the Wrong Stuff
There are always opportunities to navigate a fresh course through a sticky inventory situation:
First, we'll set up a fresh inventory game plan.
We'll break down the numbers by department, and by month to determine the best course of action. W'll ask, and answer the questions you've been wanting to ask. How much inventory do you have on hand in each category? What is a realistic sales projection for each section, and in each category to meet your goals?
How We'll Work:
- Assess your sales history and stock levels to create an actionable plan
- Strategize tactics to INCREASE sales and DECREASE spending
- Plan to increase mark-up, inventory turnover & gross margin while doing so!
We'll figure out your perfect balance: just enough inventory to meet every customer's needs- to not miss a sale, and have nothing on your shelves collecting dust.
Leverage Our Expertise:
- We are relentless when it comes to liquidation plans, fleshing out old & stale inventory.
- We'll help you decisively negotiate discounts, terms and shipping rates with vendors.
- Our Approach is Proactive, not Reactive. We work with you month by month, so we can turn the ship on a dime.
Helping us develop a strategic Inventory planning process has led to significant improvement in our sales, inventory turnover and overall gross margin. Helping us to maximize our inventory turnover has allowed us to grow sales while at the same time being able to re-allocate funding we had previously allocated for inventory to other areas of the business. This combination has put us on a strong path for overall company profit improvement!- Jeanie, SOL Store of Lingerie, Denver, CO